Wizards cast a spell over the Castle
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle Under-11s were comprehsively beaten by a stronger Weston Wizard side.
UPHILL Castle Under-11s were comprehensively beaten by a stronger Weston Wizards side.
Uphill made 190-8, with Tom Biggs top-scoring with 8 and Charlie Harding, Neve Kennedy and Alfie Calcutt each remaining unbeaten. Alex Leekes was Weston’s leading wicket taker with 3-7. Kieron Tasker (1-6), Noel Daniels (1-2), Roo Schofield (1-8) and Bailley Frise (1-2) were the other successful bowlers.
Wizards produced a powerful batting performance with Alex Leekes top scoring with 22 and Kieron Tasker making 18. Tamed Ahmed (10), Roo Schofield (9) and Hayden Main (8) each made significant contributions as Wizards raced to 329-6.
Tommy Carter took a smart catch and a wicket (1-14), with Dominic Boardman pulling off a sharp run out and also taking a wicket (1-24). Harding (1-20), Charlie Biggs (1-5) and Dan Moss (1-20) were the other wicket takers.
You may also want to watch:
The Four Fifty Partnership man of the match award narrowly went to Tommy Carter, with Tom Biggs picking the most improved player award.
The Under-13s took on Weston Wonders in a friendly. Weston Wonders batted first and their first four batsman - Noel Danieo (9), Fred Beamand (23), Ru Schofield (13) and Tim Page (1) all retired not out.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
Wonders scored 92 before Uphill claimed their first wicket when Somerset County girls player Jody Filer a was run out by Sonny Carr. In the penultimate over, Tom Trewerne was bowled by Bradley Patch (2-0-4-1 as Weston reached 106-2.
In reply, Uphill were reduced to 26-6 after just five overs. Aaron Hoddinott kept his head and scored 23 before he was forced to retire. Further wickets fell to leave the Castle on 72-8 in the 11th over.
The experienced final pair of Kruz Belcher (9) and Bradley Patch (7) needed to keep their wickets and score 35 runs with just under half of the innings remaining. They managed to do this and let the extras help them as they saw Uphill passed their target in 16.2 overs. Tomorrow (Fri), members of the Under-13 squad will be travelling to Taunton as they have been selected to be the guard of honour as Somerset host Glamorgan in their T20 match.