Woodland juniors enjoy festive fun
- Credit: Archant
Woodland Tennis Club juniors enjoyed a fund raiser for Dogs Trust to round off their coaching sessions for the year.
WOODLAND Tennis Club rounded off this year’s coaching sessions in style by holding a fund raiser for Dogs Trust.
The juniors needed to raise money in order to continue sponsoring their dog, Nula.
Dressed in their festive finery, the youngsters took to the courts for a series of challenges, breaking off for the odd hot dog, mince pie or other tasty treat.
Prizes were awarded to the players who knocked the most chocolate novelties off the cones with Alex Price, Elyse Powell, Dorothy Pincott, Jack Cope-Lewis and Jotham Swaney being the highest scorers.
You may also want to watch:
The morning’s activities concluded with a raffle and a total of £280 was raised.
Club secretary Annie Buckingham said: “It’s a tremendous amount to raise in one morning. We are really lucky at Woodland to have so many enthusiastic juniors and supportive parents.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
For more information on the club and its activities, contact Annie at email@example.com