Woodspring Challenge Cup and fun day
- Credit: Archant
Woodspring Indoor Bowls Club held a fun day and also a competition for the prestigious Challenge Cup Trophy.
FOUR teams vied for the prestigious Challenge Cup Trophy at Woodspring Indoor Bowls Club.
The teams consisted of six players (male and female) and the overall winners were the Blue team, taking the first game by an impressive 17-2 and in the second game they secured an 8-8 draw, giving them a six-point lead.
It was classed as a dress up/dress down day in aid of Weston Hospicecare, to which the club donated the proceeds of £50. Thanks go to the members for participating and to those who worked hard to make the day a success.
Blues: Shirley Weaden, Chris Hedges, Sue Collard, Neil Coombes, Jackie Holloway and Richard Nock 25 pts; Green: Jean Beat, Barbara Cullen, Tony Williams, Sue Hadley, John Watson and John Taylor 19; White: Gordon Sansam, Jane Sansam, Morley Badman, Mary Sell, Ray Dunston and Steve Haines 15; Red: Sylvia Noyes, Carol Webb, Bob Hadley, Rose Cleaves, Mary Williams and Bill Jackman 10.
You may also want to watch:
VICTORIA ladies reached the final of the Somerset County double rink competition with a 12-shot victory over Ilminster.
Both rinks won and lady captain Sue Newman said this was a good team result with a good spirit to go into the final at Street on April 11.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
Reaching the final to play Yeovil or Taunton Deane is a measure of the success of the ladies, who have only been affiliated to the county for two years.
Victoria 40, Ilminster 28: H Frye, C Stevens, S Newman, M Hillman; K Wilson, C Sage, A Holland, M Chudley.