World champion to make beach race debut
Reigning MX2 world champion Jeffrey Herlings and Yamaha factory MX1 rider Shaun Simpson will be just two of the big names competing at this year’s RHL Beach Race at Weston.
REIGNING MX2 world champion Jeffrey Herlings and Yamaha factory MX1 rider Shaun Simpson will be just two of the big names competing at this year’s RHL Beach Race at Weston, the 30th anniversary of the United Kingdom’s biggest off-road event.
For Herlings, this year’s Beach Race at Weston will mark his debut on the infamous dunes course, but that won’t stop the KTM rider looking to add a Weston win to an already impressive list of accomplishments in the world of MX, including the MX2 world championship title he won this season.
Herlings will face stiff competition, however, as Shaun Simpson, a regular frontrunner in the MX1 World Championship aboard the factory Monster Yamaha YZF450FM and a former podium finisher at the Beach Race at Weston, also has his sights set firmly on the top step of the podium.
Tom Church, another former podium finisher at Weston, will also be on the start line at this year’s event, to round off a season in which he finished as the runner-up on his debut in the ACU British Sprint Enduro Championship.
You may also want to watch:
Former British champion, Brad Anderson, will also be on the start line, ready to take on the challenge of Weston once again.
“While the RHL Beach Race at Weston is more about the ordinary riders rather than the big stars of motocross, it’s always good to have someone to measure yourself against,” explains Gareth Hockey, Director of RHL Activities.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
But the riders aren’t the only additions to this year’s Beach Race at Weston. RHL Activities are pleased to announce that one of Europe’s largest online MX retailers, 24MX, have come onboard as a sponsor of the event for the first time.