World title number 15 for Weston duo
- Credit: Archant
Two martial artists from Weston had podium finishes at the WKC World Championships held in Dublin.
LEWIS Mulhall and Brooklyn Chamberlain have both returned from the prestigious WKC World Championships in Dublin, where the pair both had podium finishes.
Brooklyn is Weston’s most successful junior kickboxer, already holding multiple titles including three world titles. At only 12-years-old, Brooklyn fought in a competitive category, facing much taller and older fighters from Canada, Germany and Ireland.
He once again proved why he is at this top level, just missing out in the semi-finals on a split decision, earning himself a deserved bronze medal.
Next up was Lewis Mulhall, Weston’s most decorated kickboxer ever. Lewis has been a member of the England kickboxing squad for the past five years, earning himself multiple titles at various weights. He gained another gold medal, taking his tally to 12 world titles.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis and Brooklyn would like to thank their sponsors Dave Chamberlain Roofing and Premier Kutz Barber Shop.
Lewis is fighting on Saturday at the Winter Gardens, in another title defence. He will be taking on undefeated Kyle Gargett from Plymouth in a unification title fight.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
The pair train at Weston’s Weston Warriors, situated upstairs of Flex.FA in Worle. The gym is run by Lewis himself and professional boxing coach and former kickboxing world champion Stuart Davies. They offer classes for all ages from four years upwards.
For any information on any classes or tickets for the upcoming event, please visit www.wama.co.uk or call Lewis on 07912 615979, or for a free trial to any of the classes please pop in to the gym.