World title number six for Weston Warriors
- Credit: Archant
Weston Warrior Lewis Mulhall picked up another title in his latest bout.
WESTON Warriors Kickboxing Club travelled to Chippenham for a full contact WRSA kickboxing show hosted by Spartans Gym.
Clayton Penfold, Paul Hill, Nathan Harrison and Lewis Mulhall were all representing their club, based at Warrior Gym in Worle.
Clayton Penfold, a talented junior was first up and had a cracking fight to take the win. Next up in his debut bout was Nathan Harrison. He was against a more experienced fighter, but gave a great account of himself to just miss out on a win.
Multiple world champion Lewis Mulhall faced the highly rated unbeaten fighter Luke Jones from Platinum Kickboxing Club for the vacant Pro/Am WRSA world title.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis, cornered by Stuart Davies and Paul Hill, stuck to his game plan and won the fight over seven rounds. He landed the cleaner kicks and punches and put together an excellent performance.
Jones’ camp has asked for a rematch and this may take place later in the year. Trainer Hill was last up for the club had an easy win over a much heavier opponent and used his skill to dictate the fight from start to finish.
- 1 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 8 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
In another event, the club travelled to Yeovil for a TFC-sanctioned competition, which featured two more fighters form the club, Matt Dell and Jake Chaplin.
Unfortunately, Chaplin’s opponent pulled out due to an injury.
Dell faced James Livsey and in a tough battle, Matt did the better work and listened to his corner, with Stuart and Lewis coaching their fighter all the way.
Davies said: “This was a great weekend for the club and the new gym in Worle is growing from strength to strength with new members and new fighters.”
The club trains on a Tuesday and Thursday. For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lewis on 07912 615979.