World titles for Weston Warriors pair
- Credit: Archant
Two Weston Warrior Kickboxing Club members picked up gold medals at the ISKA world championships in Spain.
WESTON Warriors Kickboxing Club members Lewis Mulhall and Brooklyn Chamberlain represented England at the prestigious ISKA (International Sport Kickboxing Association) world championships in Spain.
Both fighters had qualified to represent their country after going through a selection process and preliminary qualifying bouts.
First up was 12-year-old Chamberlain, who has trained with the Warriors since he was four. He is already a multiple world champion and has been competing for the last eight years.
He fought in the plus 45kg continuous section and faced the top fighters from Argentina, Romanian and Germany to reach the final. Brooklyn showed his class to win a gold medal and be crowned ISKA world champion.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis Mulhall, Weston’s most successful kickboxer, represented the country in the highly competitive under 67kg section. Mulhall faced Spain’s number one fighter in the final and convincingly won the fight to gain another world title, taking his tally to six full contact world titles and four amateur world titles.
Lewis is one of the UK’s most decorated martial artists and has continued to fight at a top level, while teaching at the Warrior gym on a weekly basis.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Man jailed for filming women without their knowledge
Stuart Davies said: “I have watched both these young fighter progress to world level at my club and I am so proud of their achievements and dedication, they are both true role models for any youngster that want to see what they can achieve if they put their mind to it.”
Warrior Gym is based at Unit 22, Coker Road, Worle, behind Sainsbury’s. They have an official ABA boxing club and offer lessons in kickboxing, MMA, and jiu jitsu. The club can be contacted on 079765 38497.
Free introduction lessons on offer this month. Please view www.wama.co.uk for further details.