Worle Community School become south west county champions
- Credit: Archant
Worle Community School’s Under-16 girls’ hockey team became south west county champions, remaining unbeaten in their matches.
Congratulations go to Worle Community School’s Under-16 girls’ hockey team, who became south west county champions.
Worle faced Redland Green in the first game where Desni Darch scored from two short corners. This was a tough game with goalkeeper Hannah Worley keeping a clean sheet by saving a penalty flick.
Worle played back-to back-games facing a strong Chew Valley team, where some of the players represented the county. After a scoreless first-half, the girls pushed forward and added more pressure in the D.
This resulted in gaining some short corners, which Amy Coles made sure the ball crossed the line. In the last few minutes, Worle dominated and Darch scored with a lifted shot.
You may also want to watch:
The dynamic team are also to be congratulated for not conceding a goal in five years of competitions.
Players of the match were awarded to captain Orla Crabb and Desni Darch.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
PE teacher, Miss Gibbins, said: “The girls have been a pleasure to coach over the five years and will be sorely missed.”
The year seven hockey team returned triumphant from the North Somerset finals day, where they had four teams competing, year seven and nine hockey and year 10 and 11 netball.
The teams had to qualify to get to finals day by coming first or second in their league. The players had a great day meeting GB netball and hockey players and faced some tough competition
The year seven side won against Clevedon and beat Priory 2-0 in the final and were crowned North Somerset champions. They have only conceded one goal all season and are still undefeated.
Player of the match was Annabelle Cunningham and great goals came from Bayley Farrow and Phoebe Hughes.