Worle Community School netball team crowned North Somerset champions
- Credit: Archant
Worle Community School year eight netball team have been crowned North Somerset champions.
WORLE Community School year eight netball team were crowned North Somerset champions.
The season started with a series of friendly matches against other local schools resulting in Worle winning all of these matches.
The middle of the season saw a trip to PGL Liddington for a residential tournament, which helped enable the team to push themselves against some strong opposition from around the country.
The end of season tournament was the opportunity for the girls to try and gain the North Somerset title. Last year they narrowly missed out in the final against Clevedon.
You may also want to watch:
Worle won all of their pool games only conceding eight goals during their seven games. They progressed into the semi-finals where they saw off the challenge from Sidcot.
The final was a replay of last year’s, where Worle again faced Clevedon. This time however, Worle came out on top as the winning team, resulting in a great end to what has been a very good season.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 New leadership team for charity
The team comprised: Ruby Richardson, Sophie Adams, Tabbitha Sturdy, Ellie Jackson, Harrie Payne, Hollie Hughes, Evie Wright and Layla Stanbridge.
Head of PE Kelly Rihan, said: “The girls have been rewarded for their hard work and dedication to training. I am very proud of them, they are a credit to the school.”
Netball success is spreading at Worle with the year seven and nine teams both finishing in second place in their respective North Somerset tournaments. The year eight and nine teams now progress to the next round of the netball winter school games finals.