Worle crash seven goals against Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
Worle recorded their third victory on the trot with a 7-0 thrashing of Cheddar Reserves.
Cheddar Res 0
This was Worle’s third win on the bounce and also their third clean sheet in a row.
Despite missing three players, Worle gained three more points which takes them into third position in the league and it was Tom Coulson with a hat-trick who stole the show.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar started brightly without troubling Jenkins in the Worle goal and with 10 minutes gone, Coulson put the away side 1-0 up. Ten minutes later he doubled the lead with an excellent header to lead 2-0 at the break.
The second half was a different affair with five goals and Coulson completed his hat-trick with a strike from 25 yards out. In between Coulson’s hat-trick, Tom Adams was brought down in the area and top goalscorer Ollie Clements converted from the spot.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 9 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
More goals followed from Tom Adams who kept the cheddar defence on their toes all game, Mike Hansford and Ryan Down.
On Saturday, Worle have a free week before they entertain Burnham United Reserves on October 8 (3pm).
On Thursday, at Lawrence Road Hall, the Worle Historic Society are presenting Worle Football Club going back to 1899 to the present with photos and a slide show.
It starts at 7pm and the club is asking all old Worle players to come along and look at the club’s history and see if they are in any of the photos on display.