Worle hit six to top the table
- Credit: Archant
Worle defeated Burnham United Reserves 6-0 and went top of the league.
Burnham United Res 0
WORLE went top of the league after this comprehensive win away to Burnham United Reserves, which sets up nicely for this Saturday’s local derby away to Kewstoke.
Worle gave a debut to Ross McNab and he was a constant threat all game for the home defence, but it was top scorer Ryan Hodrien who put Worle 1-0 up in the 10th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Downs put Worle two up in the 25th minute when he latched onto a through ball. McNab had chance to increase the lead, but was denied by good goalkeeping.
Worle came out in the second half and dominated the game. A 25 yard free-kick from Hodrien found the top corner and Parker increased the score further. Barry Flynn made it five. McNab hit the woodwork twice before Hodrien finished the scoring.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
Well done to the new look defence of Gibbons, Clements, Sprague and Wright who dealt comfortably with the Burnham attack.