Worle hold out for friendly victory
- Credit: Archant
Worle recorded a narrow pre-season victory over Wrington-Redhill,
WORLE entertained Wrington Redhill in their third pre-season friendly and ran out 1-0 winners, courtesy of a goal from Frazier Rendall in the second half.
Missing Neil Rigby and Lewis Pickles, Worle were able to bring back Barry Flynn and started Dan Sprague, who played alongside Jason Potter in the heart of the defence.
You may also want to watch:
Worle created numerous chances in the first-half for both Leadbetter and Downs and with Ryan Hodrien and the impressive Ollie Clements on the wings, Worle began to take a hold of the game, but found Dancey in the visitors goal in good form.
Substitute Rendall gave Worle the win when he eluded Dancey to give Worle victory. Dan Sprague showed up well on his first appearance for Worle and could have put Worle further ahead.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
Wrington brought on Cheeseman in the second half and a couple of last ditch tackles from Potter and Gibbons denied the equaliser.
This was a good workout for both sides, with the season opener for Worle on August 9 away to Nailsea United Reserves.