Worle Rangers lose out in Challenge Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Worle Rangers lost 3-1 to Shipham in the final of the Challenge Cup.
Worle Rangers 1
RANGERS missed out on the opportunity of a double as they lost to Shipham in the Challenge Cup final.
Worle started well, but against the run of play, a long ball over the top caught out the Rangers defence and Shipham took the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Just before half-time Dan Liddiard spun superbly on the edge of the area and hit the ball across the keeper, who parried it for Dale to net the equaliser.
After the break, a deflected shot evaded Jakeman in the Worle goal and went into the far corner. Shipham extended their lead when Bray and Jakeman collided and scored the third goal.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Shipham were the better side on the day and deserved their win, but the young Rangers side can feel proud of their efforts over the course of the season after winning the third division and their fourth back-to-back promotion.
The Curry Garden man of the match went to Chris Brinson.