Worle Rangers lose out in Challenge Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Worle Rangers lost 3-1 to Shipham in the final of the Challenge Cup.
Worle Rangers 1
RANGERS missed out on the opportunity of a double as they lost to Shipham in the Challenge Cup final.
Worle started well, but against the run of play, a long ball over the top caught out the Rangers defence and Shipham took the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Just before half-time Dan Liddiard spun superbly on the edge of the area and hit the ball across the keeper, who parried it for Dale to net the equaliser.
After the break, a deflected shot evaded Jakeman in the Worle goal and went into the far corner. Shipham extended their lead when Bray and Jakeman collided and scored the third goal.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
Shipham were the better side on the day and deserved their win, but the young Rangers side can feel proud of their efforts over the course of the season after winning the third division and their fourth back-to-back promotion.
The Curry Garden man of the match went to Chris Brinson.