Worle retain their title
Worle Community School Year 9 netball team have retained their North Somerset schools’ title.
WORLE Community School Year 9 netball team have remained unbeaten in North Somerset for the last two seasons and have retained the North Somerset schools title.
They played Churchill in the semi-final and won 10-1 and in the final against Gordano, they won 8-0.
They qualified to play in the first round of the national schools competitions and won the tournament, playing against Clifton College, BGS, Redmaids, Colstons Collegiate and Badminton, remaining unbeaten throughout.
The girls - Alex Hughes, Ellie Holder, Ollie Elliot, Lauren Gifford, Alice Westwood, Marie Noel Nji, Brittany Masland and Jess Main, now progress to the county round.
You may also want to watch:
Team coach Kelly Redman said: “I am so proud of eight fantastic girls who work very hard and did our school proud.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism