Worle retain their title
Worle Community School Year 9 netball team have retained their North Somerset schools’ title.
WORLE Community School Year 9 netball team have remained unbeaten in North Somerset for the last two seasons and have retained the North Somerset schools title.
They played Churchill in the semi-final and won 10-1 and in the final against Gordano, they won 8-0.
They qualified to play in the first round of the national schools competitions and won the tournament, playing against Clifton College, BGS, Redmaids, Colstons Collegiate and Badminton, remaining unbeaten throughout.
The girls - Alex Hughes, Ellie Holder, Ollie Elliot, Lauren Gifford, Alice Westwood, Marie Noel Nji, Brittany Masland and Jess Main, now progress to the county round.
You may also want to watch:
Team coach Kelly Redman said: “I am so proud of eight fantastic girls who work very hard and did our school proud.”
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud