Wrington defeated by Stratton
- Credit: Archant
Wrington were beaten by Stratton-on-the-Fosse in their latest league encounter.
A HARD-HITTING 52 by Steve Bright supported by Mike Clement’s third 50 in consecutive weeks was not enough for Wrington against unbeaten Stratton-on-the-Fosse.
Wrington started brightly with Jake Buckley looking the part, having been promoted up the order and he was unlucky not to add to a quickfire 30, falling to a sharp caught and bowled by Purchase.
However, Bright and Clements built a solid foundation before accelerating in the later overs. At one stage they looked at getting near to 200, but the loss of three wickets without a run with Neil Kondratowicz ending with 5-29 restricted them to 176, following a late rally by Marshall Clements and Duncan Laird.
Jake Buckley followed his good work with the bat with 3-28 and with Anton Lovatt steady at the other end, Stratton were reduced to 60-3 of 15 overs. Wrington were possibly in the box seat, but four dropped catches and a succession of edges not going to hand shifted the momentum.
You may also want to watch:
Stratton did not look back with Liam Ingram and Futcher putting together a century stand before Ingram was bowled for 48 with the victory in sight. Futcher fittingly ended the game with a six to end on 73 not out.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston