Wrington defeated by Stratton
- Credit: Archant
Wrington were beaten by Stratton-on-the-Fosse in their latest league encounter.
A HARD-HITTING 52 by Steve Bright supported by Mike Clement’s third 50 in consecutive weeks was not enough for Wrington against unbeaten Stratton-on-the-Fosse.
Wrington started brightly with Jake Buckley looking the part, having been promoted up the order and he was unlucky not to add to a quickfire 30, falling to a sharp caught and bowled by Purchase.
However, Bright and Clements built a solid foundation before accelerating in the later overs. At one stage they looked at getting near to 200, but the loss of three wickets without a run with Neil Kondratowicz ending with 5-29 restricted them to 176, following a late rally by Marshall Clements and Duncan Laird.
Jake Buckley followed his good work with the bat with 3-28 and with Anton Lovatt steady at the other end, Stratton were reduced to 60-3 of 15 overs. Wrington were possibly in the box seat, but four dropped catches and a succession of edges not going to hand shifted the momentum.
You may also want to watch:
Stratton did not look back with Liam Ingram and Futcher putting together a century stand before Ingram was bowled for 48 with the victory in sight. Futcher fittingly ended the game with a six to end on 73 not out.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory