Wrington on top
- Credit: Archant
Wrington Redhill defeated Purnell Sports 3-0 in a game of few chances.
WRINGTON Redhill defeated Purnell Sports 3-0 in a game of few chances.
The first-half had no real chances, with Wrington in control but unable to break Purnell’s defence. In fact, it was the visitors who had the best of the few chances, with Mark Wilson in goal saving well on a couple of occasions.
The second half got off to a slow start, but when Chris Gayle won a penalty after being fouled, Graham Cheeseman slotted home it to make it 1-0. Soon after, they scored again when Cheeseman’s pass found Gayle to make it 2-0.
The game was over when substitute Jon Mitchell passed the ball to Craig Burchill, who slotted the ball into the net to make it 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
Wrington Redhill is delighted to announce the donation of three football kits to schools in Bangladesh.
The club would like to thank Naz Hoque of Bombay Palace, Cleeve, one of the club’s foremost sponsors for organising the delivery and distribution of the kits.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Special thanks must also go to reserve team manager Julian Moss and his wife Jane for sorting the kits for donation.
The club would also like to announce the first of its pre-season friendly matches for next season. On July 27, Wrington Redhill entertain Earlswood Town of the Midland Combination at the Rec.
The club’s adopted charity Crossroads Young Carers charity evening match will be on April 16 against Burnham (6.30pm). All monies raised will be donated to Crossroads.