Wrington Redhill progress in County Senior Cup after Long Ashton win
- Credit: John Clements
Wrington Redhill cruised to victory in the County Senior Cup on a very wet day at the Recreation Ground with a 3-0 win over Long Ashton.
The Uhlsport Somerset County League Division One leaders, who were without manager Leigh White, carried on their good form last Saturday by going ahead after Ryan Pugh's forward pass was neatly controlled and rifled home by Cory Thomas Barker.
The Redskins made it two in the second half when a probing move down the right, involving Si Hewish Ollie Clements and Dan Ferguson, resulted in Ethan Williams being brought down for a free-kick 20 yards out.
And Man of the Match Thomas Barker stepped up and curled his shot into the bottom corner giving goalkeeper Joey Grocock no chance.
The game was wrapped up with a flowing beautifully worked goal starting right at the back.
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeeper Matt Hill threw the ball to Ollie Clements who played a one two with Sam Parkinson before rolling it to Thomas Barker who played it to Ferguson-Obamwonyi. He passed it to Hutchings who finished it in his usual efficient way.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 5 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision