Wrington’s batsmen fall short at Bath
Wrington’s batsmen failed in their run chase at Bath.
AFTER Wrington’s bowlers failed to defend a good total last week, it was the batters that failed to chase a par score at Bath.
Despite a super knock of 84 by Wright, Bath never got away due to good bowling by Buckley 0-23 off eight overs and two super catches from Matt Beck.
On a good wicket and fast outfield, the total of 243 was within reach, but the tactic of putting their hitters up the order proved disastrous.
While keeping up a good run rate, wickets continued to fall regularly as one after another, the first six batsmen were out caught trying to force the pace. Only Mike Clements with 36 and Steve Bright (17) reached double figures as the visitors slumped to 130 all out with 10 overs left.
You may also want to watch:
This again looks like a crushing defeat, but if a few catches had been held and a bit more patience shown with the bat, Wrington should have made a game of it.
Wrington are home to Backwell Flax Bourton on Saturday.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 10 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston