Yatton FC junior sides secure massive goal with Curo as new sponsor
- Credit: Anna Barclay
Yatton FC junior sides are looking great on the pitch thanks to a donation from the builders of a new residential development in the village.
The West of England housing association and housebuilder Curo have donated £3,750 to the club as part of their commitment to working together with local communities and supporting residents in areas where they are building new homes.
In total, 126 children with ages ranging from under-9s to under-14s have benefitted from brand-new Nike football kits, including shirts, socks and shorts.
And Curo’s sponsorship has also enabled the club management to purchase folding bench shelters to keep the junior footballers dry and comfortable during matches at home and away.
“We’re absolutely delighted to receive this generous donation from Curo and we’re grateful for their support," said James Bellis, chairman of Yatton Junior FC.
You may also want to watch:
"It means a lot for our talented young players to have their own team kit and it’s great to see them looking so smart and confident on the pitch.”
Curo are building 154 new homes for sale and rent at Eaton Park in Yatton, with the first few properties ready to receive their new residents in May 2021. Sales Manager Jodie Winter said: “It’s really important to us at Curo to support the communities we work in.
"As a developer and a housing association, we remain a part of the community long after we have built and sold the last property, as we continue to manage the affordable homes on site.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
“We’re pleased that we were able to support Yatton Junior FC with the purchase of new equipment and we think the young players are looking very professional in their Curo-branded shirts!”