Young Ones move up to third place
SNOOKER - THE match between the top two sides in the Wrington Vale Snooker League had to be postponed due to the adverse weather.
THE match between the top two sides in the Wrington Vale Snooker League had to be postponed due to the adverse weather.
The Young Ones moved up into third place following their 6-0 win over bottom of the table Backwell Lucky 13 displacing Clevedon Conservatives B who dropped a point in their victory over their A team.
Mark Adams won both his frames against Ashley Hinds and Rob Brown and while Mark Litson did enough to beat Ashley in his first frame, he threw a decent lead away against Rob to lose on the black in the next.
Simon Cambridge struggled with his short game against Alan Pople but made up for it with some good long pots. Relieved to win the first frame on the black, he won the second comfortably but credit must be given to Alan who played well especially in the first frame which could have gone either way.
You may also want to watch:
Peelers recorded only their second victory of the season in their match against Cleeve Corners with a 4-2 win which saw them move up a place to sixth. Lee Kerslake played evergreen Reuben Hurse in the opener and started well with a 35 break and held off a fight back by Reuben to win on the black. Reuben knocked in a 23 in the second to gain revenge with a comfortable victory.
Roy Jenkins won his first game again Steve Rees easily for the Corners but Steve took control of the next with Roy needing the last three colours to win. The blue and pink went in but fouled on a fine cut back on the black to give Steve a deserved frame. Andy Jones had the comfort of playing both Reuben and Roy with a 30-point start and won both although Roy pulled back well in his game until Andy knocked in the last three colours to win.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
The Rovers v Triangle A game was postponed because of the adverse weather
Breaks: Lee Kerslake 35; Reuben Hurse 23; James Sas 22; Oli Beesley 20.