Zimmers to meet Congresbury in the final
BILLIARDS - IN the semi-finals of the Wrington Vale Cannons Cup, Congresbury Qs defeated Lindrums and will play Zimmers in the final.
IN the semi-finals of the Wrington Vale Cannons Cup, Congresbury Qs defeated Lindrums and will play Zimmers in the final.
Zimmers Russell Ticer took on Bob Selby in the opening game and soon showed the improvement he has shown this season scoring consistently throughout and leaving Bob with nothing to go for and when he did start scoring, too often knocked in the red which is not permitted in this format of the game of billiards. Russell's 61-point win was followed by his father's 63-point win over George Rowe who could find no answer to Wayne's scoring at every opportunity, the highlight being a fine break of 28. This left Bruce Bernard needing to score just a single point against Dennis Mansfield to secure Zimmers victory.
In the Pairs competition, Roy Jenkins and Reuben Hurse played Wayne Ticer and Bruce Bernard and achieved a comfortable victory by 80 points with Reuben hitting the best break of 30.
Results: Zimmers 253, Backwell B 129; Lindrums lost to Congresbury Qs.
You may also want to watch:
Breaks: Reuben Hurse 30, 21; Wayne Ticer 28; Bruce Bernard 25; Roy Jenkins 24, 22
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment