Am-dram production to take place this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Amateur thespians will take to the stage this weekend for a pair of one-act plays.
Banwell Amateur Dramatics will perform at the village hall, in Westfield Crescent, tongiht(Friday) evening and on Saturday at 7pm.
The group, which never fails to entertain a crowd, will perform short plays The Late Miss Cordell and The Peaceful Days.
The first tale, penned by Philip Johnson, portrays a sombre gathering of three grieving nieces and the family solicitor following Miss Cordell's funeral, with an eerie atmosphere and plenty of unanswered questions surrounding her demise.
The Peaceful Days, written by Marjorie Green, is a comedy where a stressed mother's plans for a relaxing family weekend are repeatedly scuppered by a series of unexpected visitors in need of a place to stay.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced £5, are available to buy on 01934 823654 or from Banwell News, in West Street.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab