Am-dram production to take place this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Amateur thespians will take to the stage this weekend for a pair of one-act plays.
Banwell Amateur Dramatics will perform at the village hall, in Westfield Crescent, tongiht(Friday) evening and on Saturday at 7pm.
The group, which never fails to entertain a crowd, will perform short plays The Late Miss Cordell and The Peaceful Days.
The first tale, penned by Philip Johnson, portrays a sombre gathering of three grieving nieces and the family solicitor following Miss Cordell's funeral, with an eerie atmosphere and plenty of unanswered questions surrounding her demise.
The Peaceful Days, written by Marjorie Green, is a comedy where a stressed mother's plans for a relaxing family weekend are repeatedly scuppered by a series of unexpected visitors in need of a place to stay.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced £5, are available to buy on 01934 823654 or from Banwell News, in West Street.
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 3 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 4 Weston boy 'overwhelmed' at heart-warming response to car washing business
- 5 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 6 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 7 Doctors urge patients not to suffer in silence when it comes to their mental health
- 8 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?
- 9 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 10 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list