Auditions open: Child actors wanted for parts in Goodnight Mr Tom at Blakehay Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Does your child want to be an actor? Young performers are being recruited for roles in a Weston-super-Mare production of Goodnight Mr Tom.
Sunshine Productions will take the show to The Blakehay Theatre in February, but it is first holding open auditions for two of the child parts.
Two talented youngsters will play the demanding roles of insecure evacuee William Beech and confident Zach.
Director Simon Duffill said: “One of the characters is a reclusive boy who gradually grows in confidence throughout the play and the other is a really confident young boy.
“Ideally the boy playing William, the main character needs to be slim and small.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an exciting production with a talented cast and links to schools through our education pack.”
There will be an open day at the theatre, in Wadham Street, on October 22 from 10am to noon where interested actors can collect information sheets and audition packs. Auditions will be held on October 30.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston