Carols and candlelight at service
- Credit: Archant
A FUNDRAISING carol service in aid of Weston-super-Mare’s lifeboat appeal will be held in the town next week.
Harmonia Sacra is one of the region’s most critically-acclaimed chamber choirs.
They will join forces with Bristol Brass for the annual Christmas Carols in Candlelight service, which will take place at All Saints’ Church on Wednesday.
A traditional and poignant part of the evening will also see candles lit in memory of friends and relatives who have died.
The choir is directed by Uphill resident Dr Peter Leech, who is also an international award-winning conductor, musicologist, composer, singer and broadcaster.
You may also want to watch:
It is also set to release several recordings of its work next year.
Harmonia Sacra will be at All Saints’ Church, in All Saints Road, at 7pm on Wednesday.
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 3 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 4 Weston boy 'overwhelmed' at heart-warming response to car washing business
- 5 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 6 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 7 Doctors urge patients not to suffer in silence when it comes to their mental health
- 8 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?
- 9 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 10 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
Entry is free with a donation to the Weston RNLI appeal.
Guests are advised to arrive early to guarantee seating.