First Churchill Music event of the year taking place this weekend
- Credit: Churchill Music
Churchill Music are excited to host their first live show of 2022 this weekend.
The Aquinas Piano trio will perform from 7.30-9.30pm on January 15 at All Saints Church, in Station Road, Wrington.
The trio quickly became one of the most sought-after ensembles in the country and have thrilled Churchill Music audiences on many occasions.
Ruth Rogers plays violin, Katherine Jenkinson the cello and Martin Cousin will play the piano.
Churchill Music promotes five concerts per year with the aim of making world class music accessible to all, including those in rural areas.
An event spokesperson said: "We are delighted to welcome them back to perform a sublime piano trio by Mozart, a rare and unique set of movements by Elgar as well as a passionate and heart-wrenching work by Smetana.
"The last work was written after Smetana had lost his beloved four-year-old daughter and his deeply moving composition reflects that profound outpouring of emotion.
- 1 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 2 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 3 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 6 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision
- 7 'Mindless vandals' target Birnbeck information centre
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 History of the Weston Mercury office building in Weston-super-Mare
- 10 REVEALED: Number of Weston hospital staff off with Covid
"This is certainly a concert not to be missed."
Tickets, priced £4.50-12.50, are available from Ticketsource, or from firstname.lastname@example.org or 01934 852589.