Reports from clubs and societies across Weston
- Credit: Tony Griggs
Weston Radio Society
The society held its first outside event after lockdown restrictions were relaxed with their entry into the 24-hour National Field Day competition.
In a field just outside Loxton an amateur radio station was set up in the club’s caravan and using Morse code over 300 contacts were made throughout the world.
On the Sunday towards the end of the contest, a successful barbecue was organised by Barry and Ruth Walker for all club members to attend.
Weston Organ & Keyboard Club
The club meets on the first Thursday of every month in the Somerset Suite of Weston Football Club, Winterstoke Road. Professional artistes are booked to entertain us with all the lovely music we enjoy so much.
There is plenty of free parking, a good raffle and supper is available too. The entry fee is £7. Everyone is made very welcome and our first concert will be on July 1, when our president Byron Jones will be entertaining us with his special music and good fun. For details, call Jo Lucas on 01934 812759.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced