Competition: Tickets to see Ralph Fiennes in Richard III live at the Odeon
- Credit: Mark Brenner
Ralph Fiennes will star as one of Shakespeare’s most notorious villains in a show broadcast live at Weston-super-Mare’s Odeon.
The actor will play Richard III at the Almeida Theatre, in a performance which will be shown around the world.
This version of the historic play has been directed by Rupert Goold, who was also involved with Richard II as part of the BBC’s Hollow Crown series.
Fiennes last appeared at the Almeida 16 years ago, and is an experienced Shakespeare actor having taken on title roles in Hamlet, Richard II and Coriolanus in the past.
Richard III will be shown live at the Odeon in Weston at 7pm on July 21.
You may also want to watch:
The Mercury has teamed up with the Odeon to offer three pairs of tickets to the show.
The deadline is 10am on July 18.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 6 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 7 Town centre park to reopen as wellbeing park for people to aid mental and physical health
- 8 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. By entering, you agree to be contacted by Archant.