Tickets for Burns Night event at Cadbury House on sale
- Credit: Archant
A Congresbury hotel is preparing to host its annual Burns Night to celebrate the famous Scottish bard.
A traditional meal of haggis, neeps, tatties and whisky will be served at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House in Congresbury on January 18.
Guests will also be entertained by the sounds of the 12-piece City of Bristol
Pipes and Drummers and a disco will see revellers dance the night away until 1am.
The evening at Cadbury House, which is benefitting the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association, will follow many of the traditions that have made Burns Night such an important date on the Scottish calendar.
You may also want to watch:
General manager Mehmet Kandemir said: "Lots of people come dressed in traditional Scottish kilts and tartans which add to the overall ambience and occasion and I'm sure will be the same again.
"The piper band and drummers really is an amazing spectacle and adds further to the whole evening."
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
Tickets, priced £37, are available on 01934 834343 or at www.cadburyhotelbristol.co.uk/burns-night