Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- Credit: Archant
An iconic actor, host, broadcaster, and DJ will return to Weston this weekend.
Craig Charles will bring his Funk & Soul Club to the Tropicana tomorrow (Friday).
Craig will be bringing his notorious 'trunk of funk' and unpacking only his finest tunes fit for the occasion.
Tickets are on sale now, priced from £19.80, are available here.
From Robot Wars to Red Dwarf, Craig has now grounded himself as a funk and soul icon after 10 years of broadcasting on BBC Radio Six Music with a primetime Saturday night show.
He said: "When BBC 6Music asked me to do a radio show I only had one condition, it has to be a funk and soul show, otherwise I wasn’t interested
“Since its inception I have been interested in all varieties of soul and funk music, without imposing any barriers and I am just as enthusiastic about fresh new talent as I am about the classic artists from the golden age of the 1960s and 70s."
Craig has captivated crowds throughout the UK – the maestro of funk has played at numerous festivals such as, Love Box, Parklife, Wychwood Festival and more.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston