Free live music festival set for Weston park
- Credit: Archant
A new free festival is taking place in Weston's Grove Park next weekend with live bands and inspiring speakers.
This Is The Kit will headline the town’s first Bandstand event, with support from local acts including The Scribes, The Brass Junkies, The X Factor’s Kezia Povey, and Harvey Winder.
The festival, on June 5, will include speakers from a range of community groups who will be talking about their work to make Weston greener and cleaner.
Free vegan snacks will be supplied by Loves Café, and Brit Bar pop-up will be selling a range of alcoholic and soft drinks.
Bandstand is a new initiative from Music Declares Emergency, which works with acts and professionals in the music industry to promote sustainable practices.
The event is running from 1.30-8pm. To comply with Covid guidelines, audiences will be seated in pods of two to six people and spectators are asked to take along a waterproof blanket and a refillable water bottle.
Tickets for the event can be booked by logging on to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bandstand-weston-super-mare-an-afternoon-of-free-music-and-conversation-tickets-155931885467
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 4 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced