Puxton Park preparing to reopen soft play areas and birthday barn
- Credit: Puxton Park
Puxton Park sold out of tickets on the first week it reopened, following an ease in lockdown restrictions.
The adventure park, in Hewish, is now looking forward to opening its inside attractions and hosting children’s birthday parties again after May 17.
Grace Harvey said: “It’s been so great to see the park full of smiling, happy faces again. We’re so happy to have the doors open, welcoming new customers and members back to the park.
“Our first week of opening, we sold out of tickets every single day. Now that the children are back at school, it’s a bit quieter but there’s still a really great buzz around the park.
"The animals perked up so much when we reopened, they love the constant attention from the public, but mostly the extra treats that they get.
“Eighty per cent of our park attractions are outside at the moment so customers can still have a full day of fun despite the outdoor areas being closed.”
Puxton Park has had to reduce its capacity by about half, due to Covid guidelines. The number of people using the attractions including the high ropes course, bumper boats, jeeps, tractor rides and train rides is also limited to keep staff and customers safe.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
Grace said: “We're so excited to open the rest of the park. Customers are already enquiring about booking for the summer holidays including a number of groups and birthday parties.
"A lot of children have missed out on having special birthday parties the past few years so we're really excited to be able to offer this again and we’re working hard to make sure the experience is as wonderful and magical as possible.
“We’re currently working on a brand new birthday barn that will open on May 17 for parties of 30 or less, and then in June, we’ll be able to use it for larger parties, private events and functions.”
From May 17, the soft play barn will be opening again with hourly time slots and limited capacity.
The play barn will be deep cleaned every hour. The animal discovery barn, monkey and reptile houses will also be reopening.