Dirty Dancing in Bristol
A STAGE show based on every girl’s favourite film – the smash hit Dirty Dancing – will be staged in Bristol next year.
Dirty Dancing – The Classic Story On Stage, one of the most successful hit musicals in West End history, will be showing at The Bristol Hippodrome from September 1 and tickets have gone on sale.
Now in its triumphant fifth year at the Aldwych Theatre, the musical opened in the West End in 2006, breaking all box office records with advanced ticket sales of more than �15million, which made it the fastest selling show in West End history.
It has since played to more than one million people, receiving nightly standing ovations and continuing to enthrall and delight, and as a result, over 250,000 tickets have just been put on sale for the tour.
Set to the songs of the early 1960s, Dirty Dancing is the romantic story of Baby’s passionate encounter with a working-class dance instructor during a family holiday.
You may also want to watch:
Watched by millions of women, the film has been a classic among them for decades.
The success of the London show, which will continue to play at the Aldwych Theatre, has led to overwhelming demand from fans to experience the iconic love story that is Dirty Dancing in their home cities, and the producers say they are delighted to announce the major new venture for the production.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
Tickets, priced �19.50-48.50, are available from the box office on 0844 847 2325 or via www.bristolhippodrome.org.uk