Ed Byrne reveals Playhouse date
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR Irish comic best-known for his appearances on TV panel shows is making his way to a Weston-super-Mare venue next year.
Dublin-born actor, stand-up comedian and voice-over artist Ed Byrne will be stopping off at The Playhouse for one night only in May.
He has been on the comedy circuit for many years and is known for his astute observational comedy combined with a flamboyant on-stage presence.
Byrne first began his stand-up career during his college years and found his passion for making people laugh so overwhelming he quit his studies to open a comedy club in Glasgow.
As well as being well-known on the stand-up circuit, he has also appeared on popular sitcom Father Ted and has regularly appeared on TV panel show Mock The Week alongside comic pal Dara O’Briain.
You may also want to watch:
During his 20 years in the business Byrne has perfectly honed his grumpy and nerdy image to become one of the most recognisable faces in British comedy.
Byrne has performed six sell-out Edinburgh Festival Fringe shows and three sell-out UK tours – so if you want to see him live in Weston, make sure you snap up some tickets before they are gone.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
Ed Byrne will be appearing at The Playhouse on May 4 at 8pm.
Tickets, priced £21, are available from the box office on 01934 645544 or online via www.theplayhouse.co.uk