Elderly couple fight fracking in Bath show
- Credit: Shaun Webb
Two of Britain’s best-loved comic actors will star in a brilliant new show in Bath.
New Tricks star James Bolam and Coronation Street actress Anne Reid will star in FRACKED! this week.
The show is set in an idyllic English village threatened by an energy company intent on drilling for shale gas.
Elizabeth (Reid) is a retired academic who finds herself transformed from an obedient citizen to an angry protestor.
While her grumpy husband Jack (Bolam) longs for a quiet life, Elizabeth soars to fame through social media as she fights to save her village.
You may also want to watch:
But Elizabeth must go up against a group of hard-nosed PR men who are set on persuading villages that fracking is a good thing.
FRACKED! will be at the Theatre Royal Bath, in Sawclose, today and tomorrow (Saturday).
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
There will be performances at 8pm both nights and a 2.30pm matinee tomorrow.
Tickets, priced £23.50-40.50, are available from 01225 448844 or online via www.theatreroyal.org.uk