WIN: Tickets to Horrible Histories show at Weston theatre
- Credit: Jane Hobson
Admiral Nelson, the Duke of Wellington and Queen Victoria are on their way to Weston.
They all feature in Horrible Histories- Gorgeous Georgians and Vile Victorians, which calls in at the The Playhouse on August 31 as part of a British tour.
This hilarious hit show is a gag-filled gallop through two centuries of British history with two amazing actors playing multiple historical roles.
Gorgeous Georgians & Vile Victorians is written by Terry Deary and Neal Foster from Deary’s bestselling Horrible Histories books. Terry Deary is the world's best-selling non-fiction author for children and one of the most popular children’s authors in the country.
He has written 200 books which have been translated into 42 different languages. His 50 Horrible Histories titles have sold more than 35 million copies worldwide from China to Brazil.
Horrible Histories – Gorgeous Georgians & Vile Victorians is directed by Neal Foster, design is by Jackie Trousdale, lighting by Jason Taylor, and sound by Nick Sagar, music by Matthew Scott and choreography by Kenn Oldfield. Birmingham Stage Company is one of the world’s top theatre companies for families.
As well as 16 years of all the Horrible Histories stage shows, they have also produced the smash-hit productions of Roald Dahl’s George’s Marvellous Medicine and David Walliams’ Awful Auntie, Gangsta Granny and Billionaire Boy.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
The show will entertain all ages with its hysterical historical journey through the barmiest bits of British history.
Showings will take place at the Playhouse at 2.30pm and 6pm on August 31.
Tickets are available from www.theplayhouse.co.uk, in person or by calling 01934 645544 from Monday to Saturday between 10am-1pm.
The Mercury has teamed up with the Playhouse to offer two lucky readers a pair of family tickets each to a show of their choice, which comprises of four tickets per winner.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on August 5.
Alternatively, send your answer along with your name, phone number, address and email address to Horrible Histories competition, Weston Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the theatre.