Theatre support group wants new members
- Credit: Archant
A theatre support group is on the look out for new members.
The Friends Of The Playhouse is relaunching with a friends membership day, including its annual general meeting on Saturday.
The Friends of the Playhouse was formed in 1991 and offers members the opportunity to benefit from a range of discounts at the Playhouse.
Members can also join in on many different activities and social events. Events vary from weekly coffee mornings to trips both locally and further afield.
Benefits at the Playhouse include discounted tickets, the opportunity to purchase tickets first for certain shows and also discounts at the theatre bars.
All money raised by the friends is used to support the venue in ensuring that it can continue to offer the best possible facility to both professional and community events. To date, the Friends have raised and donated over £260,000 to the Playhouse.
Membership information is available at the theatre box office.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 5 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision