Great musician to take to the stage
ONE of the country’s greatest songwriters and distinctive guitar virtuoso Richard Thompson will take to the stage at the Bristol Colston Hall on Saturday.
Richard is capable of breathtaking drama and sublime delicacy, prompting Rolling Stone to hail him as ‘a perennial dark-horse contender for the title of greatest living rock guitarist’.
His songs have been covered by everyone from David Gilmour to R.E.M to Elvis Costello.
He is the recipient of a 2010 Mojo Honours Les Paul Award, an Ivor Novello Award for Songwriting, a BBC Lifetime Achievement Award, and a slot on Rolling Stone’s Top 20 all-time guitar greats list.
He has just been named an Officer of the Order of the British Empire.
You may also want to watch:
Richard returns to the UK to tour with a powerful electric band featuring Pete Zorn (guitars, flute, sax, mandolin), Michael Jerome (drums), Taras Prodaniuk (bass) and Joel Zifkin (violin, mandolin).
It is the same group that plays on the new Grammy-nominated album Dream Attic, which was recorded in real time during an inspired tour on the West Coast of America.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
Tickets, priced �17.50-20, are available via www.colstonhall.org