Great musician to take to the stage
ONE of the country’s greatest songwriters and distinctive guitar virtuoso Richard Thompson will take to the stage at the Bristol Colston Hall on Saturday.
Richard is capable of breathtaking drama and sublime delicacy, prompting Rolling Stone to hail him as ‘a perennial dark-horse contender for the title of greatest living rock guitarist’.
His songs have been covered by everyone from David Gilmour to R.E.M to Elvis Costello.
He is the recipient of a 2010 Mojo Honours Les Paul Award, an Ivor Novello Award for Songwriting, a BBC Lifetime Achievement Award, and a slot on Rolling Stone’s Top 20 all-time guitar greats list.
He has just been named an Officer of the Order of the British Empire.
You may also want to watch:
Richard returns to the UK to tour with a powerful electric band featuring Pete Zorn (guitars, flute, sax, mandolin), Michael Jerome (drums), Taras Prodaniuk (bass) and Joel Zifkin (violin, mandolin).
It is the same group that plays on the new Grammy-nominated album Dream Attic, which was recorded in real time during an inspired tour on the West Coast of America.
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 5 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 8 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 9 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 10 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
Tickets, priced �17.50-20, are available via www.colstonhall.org