Hard act to follow: sisters storm stage
- Credit: Archant
BATH Light Operatic Group returns to the Theatre Royal Bath for a week-long run of the popular musical Sister Act.
As a glittering tribute to the universal power of friendship, the uplifting family show is jam-packed with catchy musical numbers inspired by the Motown, funk, soul and disco of the 1980s.
Written by eight-time Oscar winner Alan Menken and based on the 1992 hit film starring Whoopi Goldberg and Maggie Smith, Sister Act has the star quality to attract audiences in their droves to Bath’s Theatre Royal.
The musical tells the story of Deloris Van Cartier, a dreamer whose life takes a surprising turn when she witnesses a horrific crime and is forced into witness protection – in a nunnery.
Under the suspicious eye of Mother Superior, Deloris, disguised as a nun, transforms the convent choir into the hottest musical act in town, with entertaining consequences.
You may also want to watch:
Performing the lead role is Aimi Kuhlke, whose credits include South Pacific and Avenue Q.
Alongside her is 16-year-old George Miles, playing the role of Pablo, after successful roles in High School Musical and Les Miserables.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
Tickets are selling fast. Priced £15-31, they are available from www.theatreroyal.org.uk or by calling 01225 448844.