Town celebrates ‘great success’ at festival of arts
- Credit: Worle Community Choir
A town’s 73rd festival of arts was a ‘great success’.
More than 2000 acts performed across three venues in the district as Highbridge celebrated its festival of arts in March.
Burnham’s Princess Theatre as well as Highbridge community hall and St John’s Church hosted competitors in speech, drama, dance and music over the 12-day event, which Worle Community Choir also took part in and received high marks.
Andy Brewer, mayor of Highbridge and Burnham, said: “Both towns should be very proud of this tremendous event, which is a real celebration of the arts.
“I hope that more members of the public will join the audience next year or even take part in the festival.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival thanks ‘all competitors for their continued support, the adjudicators for their hard work and valued feedback, management of the venues and the 70 volunteers who helped to organise and run this year’s festival’.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3