Town celebrates ‘great success’ at festival of arts
- Credit: Worle Community Choir
A town’s 73rd festival of arts was a ‘great success’.
More than 2000 acts performed across three venues in the district as Highbridge celebrated its festival of arts in March.
Burnham’s Princess Theatre as well as Highbridge community hall and St John’s Church hosted competitors in speech, drama, dance and music over the 12-day event, which Worle Community Choir also took part in and received high marks.
Andy Brewer, mayor of Highbridge and Burnham, said: “Both towns should be very proud of this tremendous event, which is a real celebration of the arts.
“I hope that more members of the public will join the audience next year or even take part in the festival.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival thanks ‘all competitors for their continued support, the adjudicators for their hard work and valued feedback, management of the venues and the 70 volunteers who helped to organise and run this year’s festival’.
- 1 Revealed: What the Sovereign Centre will look like after £1.7million facelift
- 2 Worle pub due to be a nursery up for sale
- 3 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 4 Man dies after collision with car
- 5 One-way scheme improves safety outside primary school
- 6 Council agrees £14million budget for new special school site
- 7 Sisters take on Weston walk in father’s memory
- 8 Flood alleviation scheme on outskirts of Weston completed
- 9 Butcher's shop fined after apprentice lost two fingers in mincer
- 10 Weston RNLI given over £4,000 from major technology firm