It’s a duck’s life
WORLE Operatic and Dramatic Society (WODS) - fresh from its successes at the recent Somerset Fellowship of Drama Awards - is presenting a ‘highly’ original show at The Blakehay theatre next month.
Based on Hans Christian Andersen’s The Ugly Duckling, Honk! tells the story of an odd-looking baby duck, Ugly, and his quest to find his mother.
Soon after Ugly is born he is lured away by a wild cat who wants to eat him for dinner.
Eventually, Ugly manages to escape but has no idea how to return home.
Along the way, he encounters dancing bull frogs in tutus, as well as a beautiful swan called Penny.
You may also want to watch:
After saving Penny, the two birds fall in love.
However, she must return to her flock and fly south for the winter. Eventually, Ugly’s mother finds him frozen in snow. Will he survive?’
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 8 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
The show will be staged at the Wadham Street venue from May 5-7 at 7.30pm, with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Tickets, priced �8.50-9.50 are available from the box office on 01934 645493 or from www.worleoperatic.co.uk