Jesus Christ Superstar ‘fantastic’
- Credit: Archant
THE Worle Operatic and Drama Society (WODS) has just wrapped up a series of performances of Jesus Christ Superstar at Weston’s Playhouse - and the popular musical has received five-star reviews on Streetlife.
Jay H posted on the site, and said: “We have just got in from seeing an amazing piece of musical theatre.
“This evening’s portrayal was the best I have ever seen.
“The overall staging and production was brilliant.”
JM agreed, and said: “If you didn’t go you missed a fabulous show.
You may also want to watch:
“I first saw it in the West End many years ago, and I think the WODS equalled London’s effort.”
Ally I said: “A Rock Opera type format is a little different from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s later work.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 3 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
But Ally I agreed the performance was of a high standard, and added: “Worle and Weston both do really good musical productions.”