WIN: Tickets to Joe Brown at Playhouse Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A music veteran whose glittering career has spanned six decades will perform on a Weston stage next year, promising to roll back the years with the tunes from his journey to the top.
Joe Brown, accompanied by a first-class live band, will perform at The Playhouse, in High Street, on January 24, and the Mercury has free tickets to give away to lucky readers.
Rock 'n' roll star Brown is touring to celebrate 60 years on stage, and is certain to excite the crowd with his mix of rockabilly, country and bluegrass hits.
The 78-year-old has lost none of his youthful exuberance which made him a household name in the 1960s, when he enjoyed huge success with his band The Bruvvers.
The Lincolnshire-born performer will embark on a 35-date live tour across the country next month, and shows no signs of slowing down.
You may also want to watch:
Brown has maintained his success in recent years, with an MBE and playing at the Glastonbury Festival among the highlights, plus he returned to the charts with a compilation of his greatest hits.
Brown's top-quality band includes fiddle virtuoso Tom Leary, guitar and mandolin veteran Steve Simpson, ace bass player Andy Crowdy drummer, percussionist and singer Phil Capaldi.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
Tickets, priced £32-34, are available on 01934 645544 or online at www.theplayhouse.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer two lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to see Joe Brown on January 24 at 7.30pm.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on November 28.
Alternatively, send your answer, along with your name, address and telephone number to Joe Brown competition, Weston, Worle and Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW.
By entering this competition you agree to be contacted by Archant about it.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor's decision is final.