Josh Widdicombe to perform at The Playhouse
- Credit: Archant
COMEDIAN Josh Widdicombe will pay a visit to Weston in October when he makes a return to stand-up.
The star of Channel 4’s The Last Leg is back on the road with his new tour What Do I Do Now?
Since he has been away from stand-up, Widdicombe has been taking part in a host of radio and television shows – and now he has a chance to joke about those experiences on stage.
Widdicombe is known for his observational comedy, where he addresses everyday frustrations with some self-deprecating humour.
The Last Leg, which he co-hosts with Australian comedian Adam Hills and presenter Alex Brooker, has been nominated for numerous awards.
You may also want to watch:
The show launched in 2012 as part of Channel 4’s London Paralympic Games coverage, and provided an alternative review of the day’s events.
The show continues to be aired throughout the year, where Widdicombe, Brooker and Hills provide a witty take on current affairs.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 9 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
Widdicombe also makes appearances on the BBC’s Mock The Week, QI and Have I Got News For You.
He is also the host of BBC Radio 5 Live’s Saturday morning sport show Fighting Talk.
His first sitcom, Josh, will be broadcast on BBC 3 this autumn.
Widdicombe first began performing in 2008, and reached the final of So You Think You’re Funny at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in the same year.
He also won a series of Celebrity Mastermind in 2013, where his favourite band Blur was his specialist subject.
The tour covers 40 dates from September to December.
Josh Widdicombe will be at The Playhouse in High Street on October 5 at 8pm.
Tickets, priced £18.50, are available from the box office on 01934 645544 or online at www.theplayhouse.co.uk