Ladies’ night at film screening in town quarry
- Credit: Archant
Backyard Cinema will be putting on a host of open air screenings this summer in venues across Weston-super-Mare and beyond.
The packed schedule includes a screening of Magic Mike in the Old Town Quarry in Weston.
Magic Mike is a 2012 American comedy which tells the tale of a male stripper who teaches a younger performer how to party, pick up women and make easy money.
But Mike soon discovers stripping is not as simple as it seems and he quickly falls out with some of his friends in the business.
Will Mike stick by his friends and continue in the stripping game, or will he give it up for good?
You may also want to watch:
The event is aimed at groups of women and Backyard Cinema has also invited some hair, beauty and make-up companies to join in and offer mini treatments.
Magic Mike will be screened in the Old Town Quarry in South Road on August 6 and gates will open at 7.30pm, with the film due to start around 8.40pm – or once it is dark enough.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 6 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 7 Town centre park to reopen as wellbeing park for people to aid mental and physical health
- 8 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
There will be a bar and hot food served on-site.
Tickets, priced £8-10, are available online at www.backyardcinema.org.uk