Last Night of the Proms at Weston-super-Mare church
- Credit: Google
A Weston-super-Mare church will host an evening of classic music this weekend.
Last Night of the Proms will be held at All Saints Church, in All Saints Road, on Saturday.
Weston Light Orchestra will perform the concert under the guidance of conductor Paul Beechey.
They will be joined by tenor Gordon Pullin.
People should expect some flag-waving as the show will include rousing renditions of Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land Of Hope And Glory.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “All Saints Church is becoming renowned throughout the South West for its unique acoustics and superb concerts.
“This will be no exception.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
The soloists will be Gordon Pullen and Richard Lennox.
The show follows a successful performance celebrating the music of Michael Flanders and Donald Swan at the church in August.
The concert will begin at noon.
Tickets are priced £8 and include a light lunch.