Laughs aplenty as comedy superstar Manford returns to Weston-super-Mare’s Playhouse
- Credit: Archant
Esteemed Northern funnyman Jason Manford is coming to Weston to perform a one-off best of show later this month.
Manford’s show at The Playhouse promises to feature a wealth of comedy anecdotes, misunderstandings and audience banter, delivered with Manford’s likeable charm and intelligent wit.
He began his career in 1999, while working at the Buzz Comedy Club upstairs at the Southern Hotel in Chorlton in Manchester.
He went on to win the North West City Life’s Comedian of the Year award later that year, before making his big breakthrough at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2000.
The Edinburgh Fringe has retained a place in Manford’s heart since his festival debut. He was nominated for the 2005 Perrier Award for his debut one-man show Urban Legend.
You may also want to watch:
Since then, Jason has presented TV programmes on Channel Four and Sky Three, and has taken to the stage as part of the Royal Variety Performance. He is also a regular guest on ITV1’s Odd One In and BBC One’s Would I Lie To You, and is also known for featuring in Channel Four’s Comedy Gala.
The Playhouse’s general manager Mark Thompson said: “Jason was last with us in 2014 for two sold-out performances in what was arguably two of the funniest performances at our venue.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
“We’re delighted that Jason has agreed to come back for one performance this July and can’t wait to see him mix old and new content, in what is promised to be the best performance of his career to date.”
Jason Manford: Best Of will be at The Playhouse, in High Street, at 8pm on July 27.
Tickets, priced £20.50, are available from 01934 645544 or online via The Playhouse website.