Loves set for musical weekend
- Credit: Archant
A PAIR of highly-regarded musical acts will be playing free gigs at a Weston venue this weekend.
With Nell And I – a mix of soul and funk with an array of string, brass and wind support – will be performing at Loves Café tomorrow night (Friday).
Formed in 2011, and travelling countrywide from their West Country base in Dartmoor, the group is winning over plenty of fans with its huge catalogue of original music.
Then on Saturday, Bridport singer-songwriter Jack Harrison will be performing at the West Street venue.
Boasting a sound mature beyond his years, the Americana, blues and folk artist will be accompanied by Matt Benjamin on cello and guitarist Aidan Simpson.
You may also want to watch:
Both gigs are free, and doors open at 7pm for a 9pm start.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Council urges caution as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 7 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 8 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 9 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 10 Mini tornado does damage in Weston