Mary Portas looking for Weston-super-Mare project
- Credit: johnwrightphoto.com
TV RETAIL consultant Mary Portas, who is well-known for her no-nonsense approach to giving advice, is looking for a new project in Weston-super-Mare.
A third series of Channel 4 show Mary Portas: Secret Shopper is being filmed and its producers are looking for somewhere in the seaside town to feature in the programme.
A spokesman for producers Optomen Television said: “The series involves Mary going into independently-run retail or service businesses to work with the owners and offer her expert help and advice on customer service.
“We are now casting for the third series and looking for more independent shops and businesses to take part in the programme and we are targeting the Weston area.
“We are keen to speak to independent businesses in the area who would benefit from Mary’s expertise.”
You may also want to watch:
In particular, producers are looking for homeware shops, tea rooms, cafés, gift shops, female fashion shops and garden centres.
The most recent series finished in March this year and attracted around two million viewers per episode.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
If you would like to nominate a business, contact Faye McCarthy on 02032 275955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org