Me & My Girl
NOEL Gay s classic show Me & My Girl will be staged by Worle Operatic & Dramatic Society (WODS) next week.
NOEL Gay's classic show Me & My Girl will be staged by Worle Operatic & Dramatic Society (WODS) next week.
Following their award-nominated production of Oliver! last November, WODS enjoys a reputation for producing high quality entertainment.
They will perform the production, full of show song favourites, at The Playhouse, Weston, from November 13-15.
Set in the 1930s, the action follows the life of Bill Snibson, a Cockney barrow-boy descended from nobility.
When he unexpectedly inherits an Earl's fortune it is conditional on him marrying somebody approved by his newfound stuffy relatives, who arrange for Bill to be coached into a gentleman and to meet some appropriate partners.
But Bill is already involved with a girl from his former life back in Lambeth. Will their love conquer the class divide?
- 1 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 2 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 8 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 9 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
More than 40 people will be performing in the production and both leading pairs, Sally and Bill and Jacqueline and Gerald, will be played by real-life couples.
Performances will take place at 7.30pm, with a matinee on November 15 at 2.30pm.
Tickets, priced £10-£12, are available from the box office on 01934 645544 or via www.theplayhouse.co.uk Family tickets are available.