Community events taking place across Weston and North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Weston Junior Parkrun has re-started at Walford Avenue, BS22 7RD. The free 2km event takes place every Sunday at 9am to help children between the ages of four-14 years become more active. Unfortunately, due to Covid restrictions only children aged four-10 will be allowed to run until June 27. Children who have not taken part in a parkrun before can register by logging on to the event webpage: https://www.parkrun.org.uk/westonsupermare-juniors/
Kewstoke Scarecrow Trail is taking place on June 18, 19 and 20 in Kewstoke and Sand Bay with a TV show theme. The trail will be the first event in the village since the pandemic and so far more than 35 residents are participating, including a few businesses. Maps of the trail will be available from Royal Oak Stores, at the street entrance of the village hall, in Crookes Lane, and on Beach Road. For further details, email Annie Taylor at email@example.com
There will be book sales at Congresbury War Memorial Hall on June 12 from 9am–1pm. A selection of new and used jigsaw puzzles, DVDs and talking books will also be available. Face masks and hand gel will be available.
Yatton village market is running on June 12 from 10am to noon at Yatton Village Hall, in The Causeway. There will be a wide range of stalls, with food, plants, crafts including cards and jewellery and a free sunflower seedling to take home for every child who comes along in June. The village market will continue on the second Saturday of the month, excluding August.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 4 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
Police And Communities Together (PACT) is meeting on June 23 from 10am to noon at Yatton Precinct. On July 23, the group is meeting from 11am-1pm at Yatton railway station for bike registering.